1. DEFINITIONS: For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations, any reference to:
- “the Park” shall mean Spruce Glen Trailer Park
- “the Park Management” shall mean the employees of Spruce Glen Trailer Park
- “Resident / Residents” shall include the person listed on the Seasonal Rental Agreement as renting the Lot, his / her spouse and his/her children under the age of 19.
- “Visitor” shall mean any other person within the Park boundaries who is not a Resident or Park Management.
2. LOT RENTAL FEE & ADDITIONAL FEES: Residents are responsible for payment of all Lot rental fees and additional fees listed in the Seasonal Rental Application by May 1st, 2018. If the balance owing for all rental fees and additional fees is not received by May 1st, 2019 an additional fee of $150.00 will be charged. Hydro for the Lot will not be turned on until the balance of all rental fees and additional fees have been paid in full. Interest at rate of 2% will be charged monthly on any outstanding accounts. Residents covenant and agree that no trailer or modular home shall be removed from the Park until all fees and arrears on seasonal fees due and payable have been paid in full and all such funds have been cleared.
3. LOT DEPOSIT: Residents who wish to re-attend the Park the following season must pay a deposit of $500.00 by no later than September 1, 2019. If no deposit is received by that time, the Park cannot guarantee that a Lot will be available in the coming season. This deposit is non-refundable. Said fees are inclusive of winter storage fees for your Trailer in the Park. $450.00 of this Fee will be deducted from the Total Fees due the following season.
4. LOT RENTAL CANCELLATION: Residents who wish to cancel their Lot rental should advise Park Management as soon as possible of their decision to do so in writing. However, the Residents understand and agree that Park fees are non-refundable under any and all circumstances. If Residents wish to cancel their Lot rental, Park Management shall have the option of permitting the Residents to sublet the Lot out for the remainder of the season. Park Management must approve of the subletting residents. In the event that the Lot is sublet out, Park Management shall reimburse the original Residents named on the Seasonal Rental Application the total amount of fees received from the subletting Residents, minus any expenses incurred by the Park Management in the process of subletting the Lot.
5. EXCLUSIVE RENTAL RIGHTS: All rights and responsibilities under the Seasonal Rental Application are exclusively the rights and responsibilities of the Residents who signed the Seasonal Rental Application. Residents are not permitted to transfer, sell or dispose of their rental rights to the Lot under their Seasonal Rental Application to any other party(ies) at any time.
6. NO RENEWAL: Residents who choose not to renew their seasonal contract must remove their trailer / modular home and all other possessions from the Park by no later then Sunday at 5:00p.m. on Thanksgiving Weekend. Anything left on the Lot after that date will be considered abandoned and will be removed and disposed of at the Residents expense.
7. QUIET ENJOYMENT: All Residents are entitled to quiet enjoyment of the Park. As such, Residents are requested to keep all noise at a reasonable level throughout the day and to be mindful of their neighbours. Absolutely no loud music, boisterous voices, or excessive noise will be tolerated during the Park’s quiet hours. Quiet hours from Sunday to Thursday are 11:00 pm to 8:00 am and on Friday and Saturday are from 12:00 am to 9:00 am. Quiet hours on the Sunday of a long weekend are from 12:00 am to 9:00am. All residents are also reminded that any offensive or inappropriate language use, offensive smoke, odour or smoking of any kind that emit from their respective sites and affecting neighbouring residents are strictly prohibited.
8. LOT OCCUPANCY: There is only one trailer or modular home permitted per Lot, except on lots designated otherwise. No boats, boat trailers, personal watercraft or cargo trailers are to be stored on the Lot but can be stored in the designated area for an additional fee. No shed, additions, platforms, tents, add-a-rooms, fences, etc. are to be erected on the Lot without written permission from Park Management. There is only one car permitted on each Lot, unless otherwise approved by Park Management. If there is second car it must be parked in visitor's parking located outside the main office. You are not permitted to park your car(s) on any other Lot, even if the Lot is unoccupied.
9. KEY: Upon arrival and check-in at the Park, a key to the Resident’s trailer / modular home must be left in the main office, in case of emergency.
10. INSURANCE: Each trailer and modular home owner must have insurance coverage to insure their unit for fire and liability. Any car(s), boats, boat trailers, personal watercrafts or leisure vehicles on Park property must be insured. The Residents must have 2429349 Ontario Inc. (o/a Spruce Glen Trailer Park) added as an Additional Insured on any insurance policy for any trailer, modular home, car, boat, boat trailer, personal watercraft or leisure vehicle on Park property. The Residents are required to provide a copy of all applicable insurance policies to Park Management at the start of each season and upon any other written request by Park Management.
11. FIRE SAFETY: In Ontario, permanent homes, RVs, trailers, cottages and boats with living or sleeping quarters require working smoke alarm and Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors, as well as certified and approved fire extinguishers. With safety being one of our number one priorities, we require that all trailers and modular homes in the Park must be equipped with working smoke alarms, Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors and fire extinguishers.
12. PROPANE HEATING / COOKING: Residents are only permitted to use propane in their heating and cooking within the Park. Plug-in heaters are not permitted within the Park. No unlicensed person is permitted to work on any propane system within the Park boundaries.
13. SEPTIC SYSTEM: The Park is serviced by several communal septic systems which serve several lots within the Park. As such, proper use of the septic systems must be followed at all times. No diapers, sanitary products, cigarette butts, or cooking grease be disposed of down the toilets or drains. Please make sure your visitors are made well aware of the proper usage of the septic system, including what can and cannot be disposed of down the toilets or drains. If any Residents, their visitors or family members are caught causing damage to the septic system or are caught disposing of any diapers, sanitary products, cigarette butts or cooking grease down the toilets or drains, the Residents occupying that Lot will be charged for the repairs.
If you notice or experience a problem with the septic system or the operation thereof, we ask that you please notify Park Management immediately so that we can remedy the situation.
If your trailer or modular home has a holding tank, the proper chemicals must be used to efficiently break down the solids, not only chemicals that deodorize.
As in any septic system, there is always the possibility of a back-up. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you install an anti-backup sewer valve on any trailer or modular home that is not equipped with a holding tank. If your trailer has a holding tank, you should close all black water and grey water valves before leaving the Park to help prevent any back- up into your trailer or modular. The Park will not be held responsible for any damages caused by a sewage back-up.
14. WELL WATER: The Park is serviced by several communal wells which service several lots within the Park. Residents are not permitted to use well water for the completion of outdoor chores, including but not limited to cleaning of their car and cleaning of the trailer / modular home. Well water is not to be used to water the grass or any plants on the Lot.
15. OUTDOOR REFRIGERATOR: All Outside Refrigerators and/or Freezers must be placed in a vented and secured shed on the Lot.
16. GARBAGE: All household garbage must be properly bagged, tied and disposed of at the designated garbage station. Any diapers, dog waste or rotten meat must be placed in the fish garbage container as made available in the Park for Residents' use. We ask that you sort and deposit recyclables and paper and cardboard in proper bins as shown on signs posted above bins.
All other articles and waste (ie construction material, furniture, scrap metal, non household garbage, etc.) are to be taken out of the Park by the Residents, their visitors or family members at the Residents’ own expense and shall not be left at the garbage station. If any Residents, their visitors or family members are caught disposing of anything other then household garbage at the garbage station, the Residents occupying that Lot will be charged for the cost of having said garbage removed from the Park.
17. YARD WASTE: No dumping or piling of ashes or yard waste is allowed in the Park. Residents are to place all yard waste in the designated area.
18. CLEANLINESS OF LOT: Lots must be kept neat and trimmed at all times. The Residents are responsible for keeping the grass on the Lot cut and clean. Anyone wishing to arrange for grass cutting can do so at the main office. Neglected grass will be cut by Park Management at the Residents’ expense. ($10.00 per cut). Residents are reminded to remove any unsightly clutter around or under the trailer / modular home and to remove any laundry that has been hung up once it has dried. A fee will be charged if Park Management has to clean up the Lot.
19. CAMPFIRES: Campfires are only permitted within the firepit(s) provided on the Lot in designated areas or in an approved outdoor fireplace. Any fire must be attended by an adult at all times and must be properly doused with water and extinguished at the end of each night. No Residents, their visitors or family members are permitted to scavenge wood, twigs or sticks from anywhere within the Park for the purposes of being used as firewood or for any other purpose. Due to invasive insects and diseases that can exist in firewood, no firewood is allowed to be brought into the Park under any circumstances. Firewood will be available for sale at the site office during office hours.
20. ALCOHOL: Residents are only permitted to consume alcohol within of the boundaries of their Lot. Residents are not permitted, under no circumstances, to have open alcohol or to consume alcohol in the communal spaces or in the vicinity of the swimming pool or playground facilities.
21. FIREWORKS: Due to local by-laws and concerns of Park liability, no fireworks or firecrackers are permitted anywhere within the Park. Use of fireworks or firecrackers within the Park limits are strictly forbidden.
22. FIREARMS: NO firearms or ammunition of any kind are permitted in the Park at any time. Any Residents or visitors in possession of firearms or ammunition will be asked to leave the Park and may be banned from being in the park thereafter.
23. CHILDREN: The Residents are responsible for the action and safety of their children, their visitors’ children and their minor family members. Children must be on the same Lot as their parent(s) or under direct parental supervision after dark. If there are children in the trailer / modular home there must be at minimum one adult staying in that trailer / modular home. Children below the age of eight are not permitted on to use any of the playground facilities or games without direct adult supervision. Children below the age of twelve are not permitted in vicinity of the swimming pool or any other water sources (i.e. streams, ponds, etc.) without direct adult supervision.
24. VISITORS: Residents must ensure that their visitors register and pay at the Park main office upon arrival. Residents will be charged a fee of $5.00 for any visitor(s) found on Park property who have not registered at the Park main office. Any visitors staying overnight in the Park must register as an overnight visitor and an additional fee of $10.00 per person per night will be charged. Visitors must leave the Park by 11:00 pm unless registered as an overnight visitor. All visitor cars must be parked at the main office, not on the Lot. There will be a fee of $5.00 charged for any visitor parking their car at the main office overnight. Residents are responsible for the action and safety of their visitors and must acquaint their visitors with the Rules and Regulations of the Park.
25. PETS: Residents pets are welcome within the Park permitted they do not interrupt other Residents’ quiet enjoyment of the Park. Visitors are not permitted to bring pets into the Park unless said pet belongs to the Residents. Pets must be leashed at all times when outside the trailer / modular home and must be kept quiet at all times. Unleashed pets may be banned from the Park. Residents are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. All pet waste must be placed in the fish garbage container as made available in the Park for Residents' use. No pets are permitted in or within the vicinity of the swimming pool. Residents are not permitted to walk their pets on neighbouring Lots, even if unoccupied.
26. CARS / VEHICLES: Upon arrival and check-in at the Park, the Residents shall provide their licence numbers as well as the type and make of their car. Residents are not permitted to conduct any repairs to their car anywhere within the Park. Residents shall not be permitted to park a car which is leaking fluids anywhere in within Park boundaries. The Residents shall be responsible for the proper environmental cleanup and restoration of any part of the Park necessary due to fluid leakage from their car or any car belonging to the Residents’ visitors or family members.
27. SPEED LIMITS: The speed limit throughout the entire Park is 5 Kilometres Per Hour. Anyone driving within the Park is reminded to abide by the rules of the road and should respect that there are children present within vicinity of the roadways
28. DESIGNATED ROADWAYS / PATHS: Residents are reminded to respect other Resident's privacy by not cutting through their Lots and to use the roads and pathways.
29. BICYCLES: Anyone riding a bicycle or motorized bike within the Park limits must obey the posted speed limits at all times without exception. For safety reasons, we require that all Residents, their visitors and family members wear all necessary protective gear stipulated by law. Bicycles and motorized bikes are to be ridden on paths and roads only. Under no circumstances are bicycles or any motorized bikes to be ridden on neighbouring trailer lots or within vicinity of the swimming pool or any other water sources (ie ponds, streams, etc.)
30. LEISURE VEHICLES: There are no golf carts, All-terrain Vehicles (ATVs), dirt bikes, mini-bikes, dune buggies or other off-road vehicles permitted in the Park.
31. SWIMMING POOL: The swimming pool is open from 11AM to 7 PM each day. There is no Lifeguard at the Park swimming pool. Any Resident or visitors using the swimming pool do so at their own risk. Any children below the age of twelve using or in vicinity of the swimming pool must be supervised by an adult at all times. Visitors are not to be using the swimming pool unless attended by a Resident of the Park
32. PLAYGROUND FACILITIES: Any Resident or visitor using the playground facilities do so at their own risk. Children below the age of eight using any of the playground facilities must be supervised by an adult at all times. Children under the age of twelve are not permitted to use the shuffleboard or horseshoe equipment unless supervised by an adult. Visitors are not to be using the playground facilities unless attended by a Resident of the Park.
33. COMMUNAL SPACES: The designated communal areas are for the enjoyment of all Residents. As such, we ask that Residents using the communal areas be respectful of any other Residents, their visitors and family members who are using the communal areas. Residents are asked to clean up and remove any mess they have made before leaving the communal area. Visitors are not permitted to use the communal area unless attended by a Resident of the Park. Any Residents who are interested to book a communal area for private events should contact Park Management. A fee of $ 25.00 per hour will be charged up front for any private use of a communal area.
34. TREES / SHRUBS: No Residents, their visitors or family members shall be allowed to cut or deface any trees or shrubs (whether dead or alive) within the Park boundaries. If Residents are experiencing an issue with a tree or shrub they should contact Park Management about removing said tree or shrubs, etc.
35. PUBLIC WASHROOMS: The public washrooms are for the convenience and enjoyment of all Residents, so we ask that you please help to keep them clean and neat. No children below the age of six (6) are permitted in the washroom unless accompanied by an adult. No pets are permitted within the washroom at any time.
36. DAMAGE TO PARK: The beauty of the Park is to be enjoyed by all of the Residents. As such, Residents are instructed not to damage, vandalize or destroy any part of Park property. Residents will be held responsible for any damage or vandalism they have caused, or which is caused by their children, their visitors, or family members.
37. SALE OF A TRAILER / MODULAR HOME: Any trailer / modular home that is being sold in the Park must be listed with Park Management. A 5% commission will be charged to the selling party regardless of who sells the unit. All purchasers of trailers / modular homes that wish to become a seasonal Resident of the Park must be approved by Park Management before the trailer / modular home is sold.
38. SUBLETTING OF LOT: No Residents shall assign or sublet their Lot without the Park Management’s prior written consent.
39. RIGHT TO ENFORCE RULES / EVICT: Park Management reserves the right to evict anyone not abiding by the rules. Only one warning for violation of the rules will be issued. If the problems persist, the person or persons responsible will be asked to leave the Park. Park fees are non-refundable under any and all circumstances.
Spruce Glen Trailer Park assumes no responsibility to any person within the Park boundaries for loss of person or property, whether loss through fire, theft, collision, vandalism, or any other reason. Spruce Glen Trailer Park will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries, however caused, while you and your visitors are on the premises of Spruce Glen Trailer Park. You are responsible for you and your families’ safety. If you see something that needs our attention, please notify Park Management.
Information on this material is provided as a public service by Spruce Glen Trailer Park. We cannot guarantee that all information is current or accurate. Users should verify the information before acting on it. Although we make every effort to ensure that all information is accurate and complete, we cannot guarantee its integrity. The use of this material is subject to the following terms and conditions and constitutes the user's agreement to those terms and conditions. Information on this material is provided by management solely for the user's information and it is provided without warranty, guarantee, or responsibility of any kind, either express or implied. Spruce Glen Trailer Park and its employees will not be liable for any loss or damages of any nature, either direct or indirect, arising from use of the information provided on this material or information provided at any other site that can be accessed.
Spruce Glen Trailer Park
7287 Hwy 35 North
Coboconk, ON K0M 1K0
Phone: (705) 454-8432
Spruce Glen Trailer Park
c/o Orion Group Properties Ltd.
989 Creditstone Road
Vaughan, ON L4K 4N7
Or use our contact form.
Looking to be part of our family at Spruce Glen Trailer Park? Contact us; we look forward to welcoming you here!